2016年6月22日水曜日

Spiral Logic I Circular logic is bad; spiral logic is good.

Circular logic is bad; spiral logic is good.


What’s peace? Absence of war. What’s war? Absence of peace.

Tautology (saying something twice in different words) is a circular logic. It’s bad logic.

Spiral logic is good, because it works.

It works like this.

A wealthy man sees a poor, homeless man lying under a tree with a pity and asks him questions.

Why? How can you be so lazy, doing nothing under the tree, in broad daylight, when everybody else your age is working?

Working? Why are you working?
Because I must make money.

Why?
Because I must support my family; I’m a married man with kids.
Um. Supporting your family members?
What’s in it for you?
I want to eat well and live well. Pure and simple.

Living well? What do you mean by that?
Well, I can buy a bigger house…. 
Bigger house? How big?
Big enough to have a bigger garage for more fancy cars and, yes, a swimming pool. That’s Maslow’s self-actualization. Isn’t it logical?
That’s what you call, “having it all”? I get it. How does your simple logic measure your happiness? I mean, how do you relax – switch off?

Well, I’ll have a big tree planted by the swimming pool and I’ll sleep under the shadow of the tree.
That’s exactly what I’m doing now.
・・・
Now, that’s spiral logic.
What goes around comes around. Your life or your logic.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿